The SERVO Motion Control Board is maybe the fastest and lowest-cost way of getting your DC servo motor up and running. The clear, explicit documentation and the Windows test utility program take the mystery out of servo motor control. The board is designed for easily adding additional axes of control without flipping dip switches or setting jumpers. By mounting these compact, modular boards near your motors, you can greatly simplify the rat’s nest of wiring which plagues most multi-axis control systems. The PIC-SERVO SC Motion Control Board also includes motor power monitoring, soft current limiting, and position error limiting which eliminate the need for an additional real-time processor. If used with the RS232-485 Serial Adapter or with a Step & Direction signal generator, a set of SERVO Motion Controllers can even be operated as a stand-alone control system. All this comes at a price comparable to stepper motor controllers.
NOTE : Project built using Programmed Micro-Controller from www.jrkerr.com
- Supply in 48V DC @ 3Amps Continues
- Logic Supply in 7V to 12V DC
- DC Motor Load 3Amps, 48V DC
- Encoder 200 to 1000 Lines Encoder
- Encoder Supply 5V DC
- Easy to Tune Software
- 32 bit position, velocity and acceleration control
- Trapezoidal and velocity profiling permit on-the-fly parameter changes
- 16 bit PID servo gains can be changed on-the-fly
- Multi-axis coordinated motion control support
- 2 or 3 channel encoder input, limit switch inputs, hall sensor inputs
- Optional Step and Direction inputs (Connection via On Board Header Connector)
- Amplifier includes overcurrent, overvoltage, under voltage and thermal overload protection
- May also be used with external amplifiers/H-Bridge
- 4-wire RS485 communications interface can be connect to additional controllers (up to 32 totals)
- Complete documentation and example software available
- Servo motion control board provides control of DC motors with incremental encoders, including trapezoidal profiling, velocity profiling and support for coordinated multi-axis motions.
- LMD18200 based amplifier capable of driving 3Amps continuously, 6amps peak at up to 48V DC.
- Current sensing, active current limiting, and overvoltage protection.
- PWM and DIR signals are provides for use with other external amplifiers.
- RS485 serial interface allows up to 32 Servo controllers to be controlled from a single serial PORT. Connects to an RS232 port through commonly available full-duplex adapters or using RS232-485 Converter Board.
- Step & Direction inputs for control from stepper based indexing systems.
- Two limit switch inputs for overall travel protection.
- Windows test software provided including 32 bit Windows DLL and C Source Code. DOS based C code and Basic code is available.
Dual Motor L298 H-Bridge Control project can control two DC motors connected to it. The circuit has been designed around popular dual H-Bridge L298 from ST. This circuit has current sense resistors for both H-bridges to provide voltage which enables this board to use in stepper motor applications.
- Motor supply : 7 to 46 VDC
- Control Logic Supply : Standard TTL logic level
- Output DC drive to motor : up to 2 A each
- Current Sense Output available
- Enable and direction control pins available
- External diode bridge for protection
- Heat-sink for IC
- Power-On LED indicator
- Screw terminal connector for easy input supply (PWR) / output (Motor) connection
- Four mounting holes of 3.2 mm each
- PCB dimensions 61 mm x 63 mm
H-Bridge has been designed around IR2104 IC from international Rectifier, The board has been made mainly for DC-Motor application, The driver can handle load up to 8-10Amps,I have tested this board with 36V DC supply . The circuit uses N Channel IR540 MOSFETS from international rectifier. IR540 required large heat sink for 10Amps load. Board has shunt resistor to provide voltage proportional to current flowing through load. This can be letter amplify and connect it to micro-controller.
- Motor DC Supply 36V DC (Screw Terminal Connector)
- Logic Supply 12V DC
- Load 8-10Amps (Screw Terminal Connector)
- Header Connector for Inputs (7 Pin Header Connector)
- On Board Shunt Resistor for Current feedback
- PWM Frequency 10 to 20 KHz
- Duty Cycle 0-99%
- Logic Pins support 3.3V, 5V, 12V (Inputs and PWM)
The module has been designed around LMD18200 from Texas Instruments. The LMD18200 is a 3A H-Bridge designed for motion control applications. The device is built using a multi-technology process which combines bipolar and CMOS control circuitry with DMOS power devices on the same monolithic structure. Ideal for driving DC and stepper motors; the LMD18200 accommodates peak output currents up to 6A. An innovative circuit which facilitates low-loss sensing of the output current has been implemented.
- Powerful bi-directional DC Motor driver
- Screw-terminals for Power Supply and Motor Connections
- 6-pin Header connector for PWM, direction, current sense, Brake
- Delivers Up to 3A Continuous Output (6A Peak)
- Operates at Supply Voltages Up to 55V
- Low RDS (ON) Typically 0.33Ω per Switch at 3A
- TTL and CMOS Compatible Inputs
- No “Shoot-Through” Current
- Thermal Warning Flag Output at 145°C
- Thermal Shutdown (Outputs Off) at 170°C
- Internal Clamp Diodes
- Shorted Load Protection
- Internal Charge Pump with External Bootstrap Capability
- Mounting holes of 2.6 mm each
- PCB dimensions 44 mm x 25 mm
The project designed around L293D IC. The L293D device is quadruple high-current half-H driver. The 293D is designed to provide bidirectional drive current up to 600mA a voltage from 5V to 36V.L293D Adapter Board can be used as dual DC motor driver or bipolar stepper motor driver. Useful in robotics application, bidirectional DC motor controller and stepper motor driver. Separate logic supply to reduce dissipation. L293D includes the output clamping diodes for protections.
- Motor/Logic supply 5 to 36 V
- Logic controls input 7 VDC max
- Inhibit facility/enable
- High Noise immunity
- Over temperature protection
- Capable of delivering output current up to 600 mA per channel
- The control/interface lines are accessible with Berg connector
- Header connector for motor and supply connection
- PCB dimensions 36 mm x 24 mm
DC Motor Direction Control project offers direction control using digital logic gates and a DPDT relay.
- Supply input 12 VDC @ 75 mA
- Power LED
- DC Motor Direction LED Yellow/Green
- Relay Output: up to 7 A ( DC Motor Load 7mps)
- Onboard tactile switch for direction control
- Relay based drive design with diode protection
- LED indicator for direction indication
- Power-On LED indicator
- Terminal pins and screw terminal connector for easy input / output connection
- Four mounting holes of 3.2 mm each
- PCB dimensions 41 mm x 81 mm