Professional stereo audio line receiver is based on INA1650 device is designed to require a minimum number of external components to achieve data sheet level performance in audio line-receiver applications. Circuit shows the INA1650 used as a differential audio line receiver in split-supply systems that are common in professional audio applications. The line receiver recovers a differential audio signal which may have been affected by significant common-mode noise. The INA1650 is a high common-mode rejection audio line receiver from the Sound Plus line of audio Amplifier products from Texas Instruments.
- Supply +/- 15V DC
- Common-Mode Rejection Ratio (CMRR) VIN = 1 Vrms at 1 kHz –90 dB
- THD+N at 1 kHz VIN = +22 dBu –120 dB
- Second Harmonic – VOUT = 10 Vrms, F = 1 kHz –134.35 dBc
- C1,C2 10uF/25V SMD 1210
- C3, C7, C10, C12 10uF/35V Non Polar
- All Resistors SMD 0805 5%
- C6,C11 10uF/35V SMD 1206
- C2, C5, C8, C9, SMD 0805
- LED SMD 0805
The dual-channel INA1650 and single-channel INA1651 (INA165x) SoundPlus™ audio line receivers achieve an extremely-high common-mode rejection ratio (CMRR) of 91 dB while maintaining an ultra-low THD+N of –120 dB at 1 kHz for 22-dBu signal levels. Precision matching of on-chip resistors gives the INA165x devices excellent CMRR performance. These resistors have matching that is far superior compared to external components and are immune to mismatches introduced by printed circuit board (PCB) layout. Unlike other line receiver products, the INA165x CMRR is characterized over temperature and tested in production to deliver consistent performance in a wide variety of applications.
The INA165x devices operate over a very-wide-supply range of ±2.25 V to ±18 V, on 10.5 mA of supply current. In addition to the line-receiver channels, a buffered mid-supply reference output is included, making the INA165x configurable for dual- or single-supply applications. The mid-supply output can be used as a bias voltage for other analog circuitry in the signal chain. These devices are specified from –40°C to +125°C.
- High Common-Mode Rejection:
- 91 dB (Typical)
- High Input Impedance: 1-MΩ Differential
- Ultra-Low Noise: –104.7 dBu, Unweighted
- Ultra-Low Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise:
- –120 dB THD+N (22 dBu, 22-kHz Bandwidth)
- Wide Bandwidth: 2.7 MHz
- Low Quiescent Current: 6 mA (INA1651, Typical)
- Short-Circuit Protection
- Integrated EMI Filters
- Wide Supply Range: ±2.25 V to ±18 V